Do you need content edited or written for print or online?
I’m a freelance editor and writer, and can help you produce concise, fresh and accurate content that clearly conveys your message.
My services include:
- structural editing, copyediting and proofreading
- researching and writing
- converting jargon and long sentences into plain English
- combining multiple authors and managing complex reports
- overseeing images and references.
I work on:
- reports of all sorts, including annual reports
- policy documents
- management plans
- textbooks and other educational resources
- web content
I work mainly in the areas of science, health and the environment – particularly on material aimed at a public audience. I’m a big fan of plain English, and will happily edit technical or bureaucratic text to make it much clearer to understand and more enjoyable to read.
My clients are mainly government bodies or organisations working in science, education and publishing. I also work for a number of other science communication agencies and individuals.
I’m a professional member of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd), and the communication officer for the state branch, Editors Victoria. I also edit and distribute the monthly newsletter for Editors Victoria.